Programs That Support Work


Ticket to Work

If you get Supplemental Security Income (SSI) or Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI), you can find a Ticket to Work Employment Network (EN) in your area by searching the Employment Network Directory. If you need additional help choosing an EN, you can:

  • Call the Ticket to Work help line at 1-866-968-7842 or 1-866-833-2967 (TTY)
  • Email the Ticket to Work customer service office at

Find a Job

California Department of Rehabilitation (DOR)

DOR can help you apply, prepare for, and find a job. There are a few ways to apply for DOR services:

If you have a disability:

  • To find out more about DOR’s services for people who are visually impaired or blind, click here
  • To read about the Orientation Center for the Blind (OCB), a residential program in Albany (in the San Francisco Bay Area), that helps people who have recently become blind or visually impaired adjust to their vision loss, click here
  • To learn more about DOR’s services for people who are Deaf, hard of hearing, or late deafened, click here

America's Job Centers of California

America's Job Centers of California (AJCCs), formerly known as One-Stops, offer many free tools, resources, and services that can help you find employment or training and get help with other work-related needs. Learn more about AJCCs or find a local America's Job Center of California (AJCC) (One-Stop).

Other Resources

The U.S. Department of Labor's sponsors the My Skills, My Future website which helps job seekers match their skills with new careers and find out what training is needed to move from one job to another.

The Employment and Development Department (EDD) sponsors CalJOBS, which lists jobs at employers across California.

Getting Help with Your Benefits

If you get Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI), or Childhood Disability Benefits (CDB), and you're looking for a job, a trained Benefits Planner can help you avoid problems with your job plan. If you need help or have questions about your situation, you can call the Ticket to Work Help Line at 1-866-968-7842 or 1-866-833-2967 (TTY), Monday through Friday.

View DB101's full list of experts who can help you understand different benefits.

Community-Based Organizations

Various community-based organizations guide people through state, federal, public, and private health and income programs. Some organizations may work with specific populations while others work with people with any type of disability. Here are a few examples

Goodwill Industries services range from personal evaluation and office skills training to career counseling, childcare, and transportation. Some Goodwill Industries centers also do benefits planning for people who get SSI, SSDI, and Medicare. Find locations at, or by calling (voice) 1-800-466-3945.

The California Foundation for Independent Living Centers lists centers serving people with all disabilities. Many of these centers do benefits planning for people who get SSI, SSDI, and Medicare. If they don't offer benefits planning themselves, Independent Living Centers can refer you to local benefits planners. Find the list of independent living centers at, or by calling (voice) 1-916-325-1690 or (TTY) 1-916-325-1695.

The California Department of Public Health's Office of AIDS lists 1,300 organizations offering HIV/AIDS services throughout California. Some of these organizations provide case management, benefits planning, and benefits counseling services that can include help with public and private benefits programs. You can search the list online, or call (voice) 1-800-367-AIDS (2437) or (TTY) 1-888-225-AIDS (2437).

Disability Rights California provides representation for consumers of public programs who are disabled. Website publications include topics on health care, benefit programs, and In-Home Supportive Services.

Learn more