Parent Focus: Managing Benefits

Reporting Changes to Medi-Cal

If your child has Medi-Cal coverage, he or she needs to report any changes in earned income, unearned income, and living arrangements within 10 days of the change. You and your child's other parent must also report changes if you live with the child and your child either gets income-based Medi-Cal coverage or is under 18.

How to report changes depends on how your child qualifies for Medi-Cal:

Reporting changes for other programs

For CalFresh (formerly Food Stamps) and CalWORKs, you and your child should report changes to the local county social services agency.

Learn more